Why do eyes usually show the first signs of aging? As we get older the skin and blood vessels beneath our eyes becomes dilated and slackened forming eye-bags. The skin around the eyes begins to look creased and saggy visible eye puffiness and dark circles develop announcing our age. Wrinkles resulting from the loss of collagen and elastin, deep in the facial skin, adds to the appearance of aging best 100% real mink lashes.
Here are some tips to keep Eyes looking youthful!
lsorn.1. Minimize Rubbing Eyes
The eye skin is the thinnest and most delicate on the body. Rubbing harshly can permanently damage the delicate eye tissue. Wash eyes, remove eye makeup and apply creams with a gentle touch. Use your middle or pinky finger to massage around the eyes. Another tip: always massage outward to inward under the eyes. It is less pulling on the delicate eye skin.
2. Reduce Salt Intake and Reduce Puffy Eyes
Avoid eating salty foods in general especially before bed. When we sleep, our body slows down its distribution of fluids. Salty foods inhibit fluid distribution even more because it holds onto two water molecules at once.
3. TAKE YOUR VITAMINS
A deficiency of Vitamin K may be responsible for chronic eye puffiness and dark under eye circles.
4. SLEEP ON YOUR BACK
Avoid sleeping on your stomach or side for two reasons.
- This can hamper the proper circulation of fluid
- It causes more crease-lines on skin that will ultimately turn into wrinkles.
5. HOME REMEDIES
- Cucumber circles place on the closed eye lids reduces puffiness. The coolness alone will sooth your eyes, plus cucumbers have anti-inflammatory properties, containing Calcium, Vitamins A and C and Magnesium.
- Applying natural oils nightly like coconut, unscented castor oil, or almond oil helps minimize lines, wrinkles and dark circles.
- Pineapple is said to reduce wrinkles, rub some of the juice into the eye skin.
- Mixtures of lemon juice and cucumbers, or lemon and tomato juices applied around eye area as a 10-15 minute mask, can help remove dark circles.
- Ever hear the Preparation H old wives tale? It claims that you mix Prep H with your daily moisturizer or even with Visine to pat around the eye area for firmness. The Visine version helps with blemishes too. However, Prep H changed its formulation and results are now questionable. Furthermore, this is meant for an “emergency” treatment, not everyday as long term usage may cause scaly irritated skin. Lastly, if you must try this ghastly remedy be sure to use the cream and not the oily and shiny ointment.
- Soak herbal tea bags in warm water then apply to eyes for 15 minutes to reduce puffiness.
- Freeze 2 teaspoons overnight, then apply over puffy eyes in the morning to reduce swelling.
We all like the thought of saving money and being holistic, however, using products lying around the fridge and our cupboards may not be sanitary for our delicate skin. Why risk infection when there are skin care products designed and formulated with ingredients known to be beneficial to our skin.
6. Eat A Diet Rich In Antioxidants
An antidioxidant rich diet can improve the health of the skin by promoting good blood circulation and keeping skin hydrated and thus plump looking.
7. Avoid Squinting
Squinting from sunlight, poor vision, too many hours reading or at the computer can hasten the wrinkling process causing furrows and crows feet around the eyes. Invest in a quality pair of sunglasses with UV protectants while out in the sun.
8. CAREFUL MAKEUP APPLICATION
Applying makeup in a careful manner can reduce the exaggerated appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Dab concealer in a shade lighter than your skin color. Foundation is too thick and will clump in the creases making fine lines appear even worse.
- Use a dark eyeliner (black or dark brown) on upper lash line only to draw eyes up away from the puffy bags.
- Fill in brows, a fuller, thicker brow makes you look younger. Pencils and powders are readily available at the cosmetic counter. Try using a brow growth serum nightly to re-grow sparse, patchy brows. With brow growth serum brows will grow fuller and thicker in just weeks.
- Use a thick mascara formula to make best 100% real mink lashes appear thicker and younger looking. Try using lash growth serum nightly to re-grow brows. With a lash growth serum best 100% real mink lashes will grow thicker, longer and darker in just weeks.
- If your eyelids are very creased and wrinkled opt for a silky matte eye-shadow to minimize appearance of lines.
9. DON’T SMOKE
Repeated squinting while pursing lips around a cigarette causes crow’s feet and wrinkles. In addition, smoking dehydrates skin causing the dryness that makes skin prone to further damage. Lastly, the nicotine colors skin yellow and makes skin appear 10 years older.
10. HYDRATE DELICATE EYE SKIN
The skin around the eyes is the thinnest on the body making it prone to dryness. With few subcutaneous oil glands this area is prone to dryness and wrinkles much faster than the rest of the face.
- Drink 8 glasses of water everyday to keep your body and skin hydrated.
- Moisturize the delicate eye area with a cream formulated especially for this area. EVAPORTÉ by Beaute de Paris is clinically proven, tested by independent laboratory AMA Labs, to attack both dark circles and puffy eyes.
- Up to 67% decrease in dark circles after 4 weeks. 78% after 8 weeks!
- Up to 67% increase in firmness after 4 weeks. 116% after 8 weeks!